Home Forums Acupuncture Worse anxiety after acupuncture.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Won Chung
    Participant

Hi,

I have a male patient in his 30s with occasional anxiety and OCD. He is a pilot who thrives in a structured environment, currently taking off time and focusing on his health. Has no other medical issues. Anxiety/OCD is a difficult subject since he could lose his job.
    He says that he has noticed each time after acupuncture, feelings of very high levels of anxiety that seem to come and go the days following. He experienced a spike in this anxiety for maybe an hour and multiple times today on and off after he had a session with me. He says these are usually followed by a few hours of total clarity. He says they are uncomfortable and unsettling and can be difficult to shake off. These events are a bit of a “panicky” feeling for a few minutes followed by a feeling of being on edge for 30 minutes – 1 hour. His sleep was ok but woke a few times in the night with more “anxiety” and even a charley horse.

Any thoughts and recommendations? Thank you.

Allison Bailey
    Keymaster

Hi! It is difficult to say without knowing what his reflexes showed and what treatment points were tried. Can you let us know? In general, focusing on just kidney treatments should help with this sympathetic dominance on the front and back of his body and would be the most important thing. YOu could add Yin tang and GV20 to anything. Keeping the treatment simple and not trying to do too much is important.

Won Chung
    Participant

I did constitutional treatment since he has tender points in oketsu, immune, adrenal and added shao yang, stomach yin. Nothing out of the ordinary. He really didn’t have any activated fire points.

Allison Bailey
    Keymaster

He would probably benefit from adding GV 20 or Shi Shen Cong (GV 20 with 4 surrounding points)!

Won Chung
    Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hide picture