Home Forums Info Exchange Upcoming webinar

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Allison Bailey
    Keymaster

Hi Everyone:
    I’m hoping you all received my email about the upcoming webinar. If your email tends to send group emails to your spam folder please check there. I also recommend that you “whitelist” my email: abailey@acumed.org, so that you receive future emails. I am posting the text of that email below for those who may not have received it. We are looking forward to seeing you very soon for our first webinar!

Dear Students,
    Our first webinar of this year is coming up shortly and I am reaching out with more information.

As a reminder, the webinar is happening Saturday Nov 4th and Sunday Nov 5th. I have attached the schedule to this email. You can also find this posted on the course website under Webinar Weekend I Handouts “Course Binder”. All times are in east coast time. Apologies to those in different time zones! Also, as a reminder, on Sunday, we switch to Daylight Savings Time.

On Saturday, we will be focusing on point location demonstrations for most of the day. This will be in webinar format. At 4:30 pm we will take a short break and when we reconvene at 4:45 pm we will be in Zoom meeting format. This will allow us to break out into smaller groups to do some meridian tracing and to start needling some important points on yourself. You will get links for both the Zoom webinar for the morning session and a separate link for the Zoom meeting for the afternoon the evening prior.

On Sunday we will stay in Zoom webinar format (you will get a separate link for that on Saturday evening). We will be doing a lot of demonstrations on Sunday introducing you to Hara Diagnosis with an emphasis on point location.

When we are in webinar format, please feel free to move around, do some stretching, walk on a treadmill (or outside), drink some tea, whatever you need to do to get through those long days. I suggest preparing now for how you will get through the weekend. If you need to take some short breaks and step away, we understand. The entire weekend will be recorded and the link provided to you after the weekend for your review. On that note, please don’t feel like you have to remember everything from the weekend this first pass through. We use repetition throughout the course to help cement important material. However, unfortunately, point location does require some pure memorization.

Finally, it is important before the webinar to look at the lectures for MODULE 4. This module introduces the point location for all the meridians with an emphasis on the Japanese locations. We will be going over this material live during the webinar, but please between now and then do look at MODULE 4, even if this means doing the material non-sequentially. I know that it says online that the quizzes are due on certain dates, but that is definitely flexible.

We look forward to seeing you next weekend. Have a great week!

Warm regards,
    Allison

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hide picture