Home Forums Acupuncture So many new names and quiz issues

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

John Messmer
    Participant

In Module 1 Introduction to meridians I think I heard we need to memorize meridians, source points, etc. Without something to connect the information to it is rather a difficult task. Unlike memorizing intermediary biochemical pathways or the names of nerves, muscles, foramina, etc in anatomy where we had some experience with the topics from college, this is such a new area that cold memorization is a challenge. I hope that the memorization will come in time as we continue to review the topics.

In the quiz for this lecture, I listened carefully, repeated sections of the lecture, printed and reviewed the handout and could not find a reference to:
    Which if the 5 Element points on the Yin meridians is the same point as the He Sea point, based on the concept of the 5 transporting points in TCM
    Finally I resorted to Google and got an incorrect answer, apparently.

John Messmer
    Participant

So it looks like part 2 has more information covered in the quiz. So the quiz should be moved down on the menu to a place under part 2.

Meredith Wills
    Participant

John-

If you look at the Introductions to Meridians lecture from Dr. Audette the 8th slide has a meridian cross section with labels starting at the tsing point ending at the He Sea point. If you scroll down and look at the TCM model of the meridians you will find the elements correspond with the labels on the 8th slide. There for the He Sea point on the yin meridian is the water point. I hope that helps!

John Messmer
    Participant

Thanks. Slowly beginning to make sense

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hide picture