Home Forums Info Exchange April Live Session

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Nicole Bussiere
    Participant

Hi there,
    Starting to think about flights/bookings for the April live session. I see the link for the room block at the hotel.
    I’m assuming most fly into Boston Logan airport? And is there any public transport to the hotel or do most people Uber/Lyft? Is there any need to rent a car? I assume everything for the course is contained in the hotel? Are there nearby amenities in walking distance? (food, pharmacy etc)

Thank you for any details you can provide for someone not familiar with the area!

Allison Bailey
    Keymaster

Hi! There is no public transport to the hotel from the airport, which is 17 miles away. I suggest an Uber/Lyft/Taxi. Feel free to post on this forum in case folks want to share a ride. Many students did this in past years, particularly on the way BACK to the airport from the hotel. I don’t see a reason to rent a car. The hotel is walking distance to shops, restaurants, etc. All the course activities will take place on site at the hotel. We will publish an official schedule closer to the date but we do start early each morning including Thursday (8am) and we will wrap up by 4 pm on Sunday. Look forward to seeing you all soon.

Nicole Bussiere
    Participant

Very helpful, thank you!

Sharing a ride would make sense b/c it could be pretty expensive to get to Dedham from the airport

I live in the area and have a couple of other options. If you want to try public transportation there is a commuter train from South Station in Boston that has a stop walking distance to the hotel. You would have to either take the silver line to South station from the airport (which is actually a bus) or get an uber/lyft/taxi from the airport to south station. It could be tricky depending on when you arrive but if you come at the right time (around rush hour) the train could be a good option.

Another option is to take the logan express bus from the airport to Braintree then get an uber/cab/lyft from Braintree to Dedham (Braintree is about a 15min ride from the hotel)

Allison Bailey
    Keymaster

Thank you, Christine!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hide picture